Peter Demarest is the Co-Founder and President of Axiogenics LLC and recognized as a global pioneer, thought-leader, developer, coach, and trainer in the applied science of neuro-axiology (brain science + value science). He is the author of the definitive book on neuro-axiology, Answering the Central Question (2010). Stephen R. Covey (of “7 Habits…” fame), in his endorsement of the book, dubbed neuro-axiology as “groundbreaking science” for its unique power to enable people to understand and change their own thinking so they can create and experience greater value in their lives and organizations.
In addition to R&D and direct coaching and consulting, Peter and his team train, certify, and support other coaches and consultants in using neuro-axiology based principles, practices, methods, and tools (“axiogenics”) to drive breakthrough results in personal, leadership, talent, and organizational development.
As a speaker, Peter provides his audiences with an inspiring “valuegenic” message, an engaging style, and a host of actionable insights and take-aways. He has been a top-rated keynote and featured speaker at international, national, and regional conferences ranging from coaching (ICF, WBECS), HR, TD, OD, and numerous industry-specific events, including education, I.T., and bio-tech.
Before his formal transition into coaching and consulting in 2003, he served in the US Navy Submarine Service, attended West Chester University, and worked for two decades in various technical, management, and leadership roles in the I.T. and I.T. education fields.
Peter lives near Philadelphia, PA, and has five adult children, three grandchildren, a dog, a few cats, a dozen chickens, and about 50,000 honey bees.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How Peter defines "self-centric thinking" and how it relates to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Why nature has programmed our brains to naturally turn survival into habit, and why most of our behaviors come from subconscious habits
- Why the "valuegenic mindset", a conscious sense of value creation, is the key to truly unleashing our potential
- What keywords to listen for to determine if someone is speaking from a self-centric mindset or a valuegenic mindset
- Why being conscientious and present in the moment are key to tapping into the power of the valuegenic mindset
- Why you should ask yourself "what choice can I make and what action can I take in this moment to create the greatest net value?"
- If you are an Amazon affiliate (which I recommend you be), use your affiliate link to check out Peter’s book “Answering the Central Question” at: https://www.amazon.com/Answering-Central-Question-Science-Leadership/dp/0982710216
- Or you can use my affiliate link: https://amzn.to/2U3tW3Y
- Website: www.axiogenics.com
- Email: PeterD@axiogenics.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/coachpeterd/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/axiogenics-llc/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/axiogenics @axiogenics