April Ballestero is a leadership expert and the founder of One Light Ahead, a coaching agency that helps business leaders shine at their brightest. With two decades of coaching experience, April knows exactly how to help business leaders achieve their full potential and become more effective, more energized and more enthusiastic in their interactions with their teams, clients, families and communities.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Applying Dr. Henry Cloud’s book, Necessary Endings to your business and relationships
- Different types of necessary endings and the emotions that often come with them
- What it means to “cut the monkey tail” and how you can apply it to your situation
- How applying “Necessary Endings” has helped April coach people through pivotal moments in their lives
- The value of applying this to your relationships and how the concept of Building Bridges is connected to this elephant
- Why April believes you should “Stay in curiosity.”
- How to use your evidence to verify if its a necessary or unnecessary ending
- Pre-Order Slaying the Onion (2nd edition) now! https://www.kaleidoscopebooks.net/books.
- Learn more about Slaying the Onion and access the FREE online course here: https://onelightacademy.net/slaying-the-onion
- Necessary endings: the employees, businesses, and relationships that all of us have to give up in order to move forward. Cloud, H. (2011, January 18). Necessary Endings (12/19/10 ed.). Harper Business.
- Schedule a Zoom meeting with Coach April or her strategy team: https://calendly.com/onelightacademy/.
- For more episodes on mindset and leadership, visit onelightacademy.net/addressing-the-elephant.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp