Jim Brings More Than 35 Years of Experience in the Insurance Industry to the Premier Association for NYS Insurance Agents & Brokers Syracuse, New York, July 22, 2019 – Big I New York is proud to welcome Jim Lombardo as the association's AVP of Learning and Development. Lombardo will be responsible for expanding the association's strong education and research offerings to meet the needs and expectations of 21st-century learning.
“Simply put, I want Big I New York to be the first and only place where any independent agent goes for education, knowledge, research, and support," Lombardo says. “Our education department will leverage our first-class research and government relations areas to create content our agents/members can use and apply to their everyday operations."
Lombardo joins the team from AmeriCU Insurance Services, LLC, where he served as the Chief Operating Manager. He earned his Bachelor's Degree from SUNY Geneseo and his MBA from SUNY Empire State. He holds the CPCU, AAI, and AIM designations, and has over 35 years of experience in the insurance industry, including serving as an adjunct instructor for Mohawk Valley Community College, Bryant and Stratton, Utica School of Commerce, Keuka ASAP, LeMoyne College, and Big I New York.
“Jim's successful track record on the carrier and agency side coupled with his experience and passion for insurance education are unique," says Lisa Lounsbury, Big I New York President, and CEO. “He is well-positioned to understand the development needs within the industry and deliver innovative ways to serve today and tomorrow's learner."
As AVP of Learning and Development, Lombardo looks forward to teaching and supporting agents, as well as helping the insurance industry develop new talent. Big I New York will have your back with high-quality classes and webinars, utilizing technology for ease of registration and participation, and reaching into schools and colleges to encourage the next generation of insurance agency personnel.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why Jim struggled with turning 60 more than turning 50
- How getting older caused Jim to develop a fear surrounding creativity
- How a dramatic career change encouraged Jim to continue creating
- What to do to create the opportunity to try new things in the workplace
- How to maintain your momentum as you age
- Website: https://www.biginy.org/default.aspx
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-t-lombardo-cpcu-aai-aim-mba-7113b918a/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BigINewYork/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BigINewYork
- Kindle version of Slaying the Onion Book
- Buy Slaying the Onion Book here and receive a signed copy, the course, and access to a community: https://www.onelightacademy.com/courses/slaying-the-onion
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp