Chris Lord has successfully built several Management Consulting businesses in Southern California, most recently as the General Manager for Slalom Consulting, where he led the Practice’s growth from under $2 million in 2010 to $30 million in 2015. After ‘retirement’ in Dec of 2015, he founded his own firm, Bridge Builder Coaching, to help Military Veterans through tough transitions in their lives. Bridge Builder Coaching helps Veterans transition out of Military service and into the corporate world through personal 1-on-1 coaching, assessments, networking, introductions, and facilitation.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why Chris's Elephant is the question "how do you put everything into your professional passion and still deliver the best of yourself outside your work?"
- Why it's important to find the right balance and not bury yourself in your profession even if you love what you’re doing
- Why everyone has an ego, and why your ego plays a big role in stepping into your passion without letting it overwhelm you
- How Chris's current role helping Military vets switch gears to find their new lives mirrors his own efforts to find balance and follow his calling
- Why listening to the people around him helps Chris stay grounded, and why you should read "The Trusted Advisor" by David Maister, Charles Green and Robert Galford
- Why fear causes people to focus on themselves instead of others, and why it's important to attain a balance between selflessness and selfishness in your relationships
- How Chris recognizes his fear of not being accepted, and how he has worked to overcome his fear
- Why Chris has realized that it's important to allow himself to be vulnerable and trust in others not to tear him down
- Connect with Chris Lord on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/clord1/
- Kindle version of the Slaying the Onion Book
- Buy Slaying the Onion Book here and receive a signed copy, the course, and access to a community
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Podcorn - https://podcorn.com/privacy
Podtrac - https://analytics.podtrac.com/privacy-policy-gdrp